RUMAH CINTA

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

~ DISCLAIMER ~

Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Escapade To Malacca

Long overdue : Malacca , 4th - 6th August 2010

Masa ni Yna masih lagi on her school break.......3 weeks tapi tak pergi mana-mana pun. MP's too busy with his Sri Ukay project.....he can't move anywhere coz basically he's almost fully in-charge with this high-end housing project. Lagi 2-3 tahun kot baru nak siap and knowing that MP is a workaholic.........nak suruh dia cuti punya laa siksa. He won't.....saborrrrrrr je laa.....

When Kak Siti told me that we had to go to Malacca for meetings , I thought of taking the kids with me accompanied by my mom. Perhaps we could upgrade the room given to me & Kak Siti to a bigger room to accommodate me & my entourage........MP dislike the idea of me taking the kids along. Why? No idea. He didn't tell me the reason. MP cuma cakap , tak payah......just go for my meeting. Hmmmmm.......me on the other hand , kesian-kan si Yna sebab cuti sekolah lama tapi tak pergi mana-mana pun......what to do dah bapak dia tak kasi ikut I.

Till the last minute , 2 hours before leaving KL for Malacca.......am still figuring out how to make it up to Yna. I want her to be happy and not gloomy especially without me around for 3 days. I called Kak Aida asking her if Yna could stay with her while am in Malacca. With open arms , Kak Aida took Yna in. I then called MP at work to tell him of my plans and am not negotiating with him about this new plan. He'll just have to accept it , like it or not.....all I want is Yna to be happy. At least kat rumah Tante Aida , there's Sara & Tasha........walaupun both of them's schooling. Knowing that her Tante Aida will have her daily activities , Yna can follow her Tante Aida around sementara tunggu nak jemput Sara & Tasha balik dari sekolah.......I know Yna won't be bored with her Tante Aida.

Adriel pulak? At first MP wanted me to ask my mom to come over to the house and stay. Too bad that my mom can't do so coz she's baby sitting my brother's kids daily. To make things easy & fair for my mom , I had no choice but to send Adriel to stay with my parents while am gone. MP dislike the idea but hey! what to do.

It was 11:30am & I have not packed! Kak Siti is coming to fetch me at 1:30pm! Why I didn't pack earlier? Simply because I was so not in the mood to go anywhere without the kids but I know that I had to go. Oh! Dear.......am running out of time.

I told Yna to pack her things & I quickly packed Adriel's stuff. I then drove like mad to my parent's place. Quickly dropped off Adriel there *missed him already on the way to my car* , then dropped Yna off at her Tante Aida's place and rushed home to pack! Reached home at 1:53pm and saw a miss call from Kak Siti , called her back and she told me that she just left the house.

We diverted to Putrajaya to fetch another buddy Kak Ija from Kementerian Pelajaran who's coming with us to Malacca. Am so lost in Putrajaya........huhuhu!

Finally we arrived at Everly Resort Hotel Malacca.......hmmmm......I certainly have a 'Historical Malacca' family story here last year....remember? *Tapi post tu I dah transfer to much safer place...hehehe!*


Me & Kak Siti were given a superior garden view room , just nice for the both of us *even though we were hoping to get a sea-view room*. Tapi understandable-laa......bila sektor kerajaan buat booking , dengan dapat government rate lagi......you can't really demand for rooms & views & what nots. Sebelum unpack I check bilik tu and found out that it has no mini fridge. Aiyooo!!! Kak Siti dah beli few bottles of yogurt drinks & a bottle of fresh milk.......mana nak simpan plus we'll be staying here for 3 days......payah jugak kalau tak de fridge. Called the hotel addressing the issue and we were told that semua bilik standard kat hotel tu memang tak de fridge. Hahhh? The internet room rate is RM128-168 for a superior room.....tapi tak de fridge.....hmmm......hotel cho-kia pun dah letak mini fridge in the room maaa......



Luck was on our side , we were being upgraded to a much bigger & spacious room.


Our Deluxe Room with Sea View! Awesome! And yes.....ada fridge......


Ada TV hall......kalau my kids ada , sure dah berlari-lari Adik Mok dalam bilik ni....


Daily supply of FOC drinking water courtesy of Everly......


Dining & kitchenette area......nampak tu,,,,,,ada fridge....hehehe!


Our food supply....hehehe! My habit,,,,must susun my kasut. Just got to know from Kak Ija *& Kak Siti too* that she has a Chinese friend yang superstitious about susun kasut rapi-rapi bila duduk kat hotel. Katanya it's not good to atur-kan kasut macam yang I buat.....kalau nak atur kena susun kasut tu in different directions or sepah-sepah-kan sikit.......takut ada 'benda-benda' yang mengacau........hmmmm......for a sec , terasa seram jugak but I quickly snapped out of it. It's just a superstition , tak boleh percaya........spooky as it may sound , kita hanya perlu takut pada Dia.


In the bathroom,,,,,,on the left , it's mine..........On the right , Kak Siti's.


Ni time dinner on the first nite. It was like a mini reunion for Kak Siti and her friends.

Ni laa boss yang invite kite-kite semua. Encik Bakhtiar aka Abang Tiong to me. My once upon a time piano teacher. He's a good pianist. Mula I tak perasan-kan Abang Tiong until he asked me to ingat balik baik-baik........From my mouth terus keluar"Abang Tiong!" Semua kat table tu ketawa when they know that nick-name boss diaorang is "Tiong". Oh my......rasanya dah 18 tahun tak jumpa. Dulu Abang Tiong duduk satu rumah dengan budak-budak band Metropolitan *they made famous lagu Fikirkan Boleh*,,,,,they stayed in Damansara. Kebetulan pulak band Metropolitan was an artiste with Sony Music Malaysia just like me. Every weekend I'll go to Abang Tiong's house for piano lessons.


Group photo with teachers from Sekolah Seni & officers from Kementerian Pelajaran Malaysia. The purpose of this meeting is to revise the music syllabus in Music Education for Malaysian schools. We are so far behind when it comes to Music Education in our schools. Hopefully this batch of educators & officers can do something about it.


Lepas makan , we went down to the lobby. A Mat Salleh guy was playing the piano at the lobby. Time tu ada tourist from China tengah check-in and he played a Chinese song. He then played Getaran Jiwa and Kak Siti started to sing.............


Macam kisah cinta terlarang gitu kan...nyanyi belakang pagar....hehehe!


Kat lobby tadi , bought few small tubs of Haagen Dazs for Kak Siti & me.......indulging myself with deliciously pure sins before hitting the sacks.....hehehe!



The next day.......

Kak Siti was busy for the whole day. Pagi lepas breakfast I lepak kat lobby & went online till lunch time. Kat bilik tak dapat WiFi. Last year masa I duduk sini dapat WiFi kat dalam bilik. I tried guna WiGi Wimax pun tak dapat signal.

Petang I dapat jenguk pool kejap. I brought along my snorkel gear with me so tak laa semput sangat swimming from 1 end to 1 end of the pool. Just nice , Kak Siti pun lepas habis meeting terus jumpa I kat pool and we went up to the room together.


Malam we had another meeting......tapi sebelum tu , kita makan dulu! We had an Asam Pedas dinner at Restoran Asam Pedas Pokok Besar. My first time makan kat sini. Famous among the locals katanya. Across restoran yang kita makan ni ada one more asam pedas restaurant.....it's Restoran Asam Pedas Claypot........ramai jugak orang kat situ....


Us waiting for dinner......


Restoran Asam Pedas Pokok Besar........memang kat bawah pokok besar.....


We had Nasi Putih-Sambal Belacan-Telur Masin & Kailan Goreng.....


Asam Pedas Ikan Jenahak.....bahagian kepala & badan.....


Asam Pedas Tetel.....biasa aaa.......I kena mintak kicap manis to eat my asam pedas..........


Meeting malam ni was more of a discussion to lay out a guide for vocalist in Malaysia. We're doing a NOSS (National Occupational Skill Standard). It will be a national guideline for future vocalist. Kak Siti went for a meeting at Kementerian Sumber Manusia with her good buddy Ramli MS regarding this matter. What we've laid out tonight will be submitted to the Ministry for approval.

We had a long night.......reached the hotel pun dah dekat pukul 2 pagi..........esok petang balik KL.......

- to be continued -

No comments:

Post a Comment