RUMAH CINTA

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

~ DISCLAIMER ~

Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dumb Cooking : Masak-Masak For My Family

So I cooked for the family after not visiting the kitchen for quite some time......as most of you know my masak-masak mission will always be the instant and super duper fast version as possible. I started cooking today at 3:30pm and by 5:30pm.......am done. Cuma tinggal nak hidang-hidang & sediakan air minum later on. To my surprised , I managed to cook 5 dishes......simple ones, trust me......and of course , doing it with my dumb & dumber way of cooking. No worries , nobody died yet or sakit perut eating my food....hehehe!



I started by preparing the ingredients for a Meatball Soup......dish untuk budak-budak , lepas laaa. Using the ready made Bakso meatballs , it certainly cuts my cooking time. Senang , tak payah defrost. Sliced some potatoes , chopped garlic , some daun bawang & daun sup.


In a pot.......add chopped garlic , sup bunjut & water.......


Add potatoes & salt to taste , then heat on......


Bila kentang dah empuk , in goes some daun bawang & daun sup.....then masukkan meatballs.....


.....tunggu le sampai meatballs tu masak. It will timbul when it's cooked. Siap.




In between while waiting for the potatoes & meatballs to cook........I siapkan ingredients for my speedy version of Sambal Udang Petai. I used an instant sambal paste - coconut milk - petai & prawns. I've mentioned few times that I suka beli udang kat Giant BA ni coz it's big. A bit pricey but I don't mind. Puas makan. Half of the prawns I kopek-kan kulit coz Yna & MP memang al-malas nak mengopek udang masa makan. Half portion of the prawns I just trimmed-kan kepala & janggut sikit.


Using my favourite instant sambal tumis paste......in goes 3/4 packet of it in the wok. Save some for later......Heat on & heated it up for a while......


Add prawns......mix the sambal well.......


When prawn's half cooked.......add a bit of water & stir some more sampai kering sikit , kecil-kan api....then add some coconut milk to the sambal. Ikut suka laa berapa banyak nak letak. Nak lemak lagi , letak lebih.....simple , cook what you like , ikut your taste. Bila dah letak santan , the colour of your sambal will become lighter......need not worry coz at this point , you mix-kan portion of the sambal paste that you left behind earlier.......Hmmmmm......sambal jadi merah balik.....cantek......am an art student dulu so in my cooking pun ala-ala guna jugak skill guna water colour.....hehehe!


Ah.....lupa nak insert daun limau purut dalam ingredient pic kat atas tu. I tak guna banyak , I've got more or less 50 ekor udang in the wok.....1 helai I put in whole.......1 helai lagi I gunting halus. Semua masuk in the sambal......mix well......


When everything's done........heat off & I tabur-kan petai,,,,,mix well. The heat from the sambal will eventually layu-kan petai tu sikit. With this sambal paste , I need not add any more salt as it's absolutely fine for my taste......


2nd dish done , done , done......Next!



Tadi masa tunggu udang to simmer.....I basuh ikan. I used Jenahak cuts. Nak masak lemak cili api......a mild version of lemak cili api coz kalau terlalu pedas.....merah telinga MP. Nya sik tahan....& terus tak makan! Standard laaa......I used instant Lemak Cili Padi paste , enhanced it with some daun kunyit , daun limau purut , lemongrass , cili padi & coconut milk.


Seriously my dumb & dumber way laaa.......hehehe! If you have time to pound all the ingredients , go ahead. I don't have the time. In a wok , in goes 2 packets of Lemak Cili Padi instant paste. In goes daun limau purut + daun kunyit & lemongrass *titek-kan the serai*. Then add water sebanyak yang you suka , it's for the gravy.


Once again guna skill lukisan.......I enhanced the colour of my lemak kuning by adding turmeric powder to the gravy. Nak kasi lagi kuning sebab tadi dah letak banyak air. Some salt & sugar to taste........then only heat on. Seram kan....dah separuh jalan baru nak hidup-kan api....hehehe! Trust me.......it's OK and safe to eat. Done it many-many-many times! Mix well & tunggu sampai kuah lemak tu mendidih........


Bila kuah dah memdidih , baru masuk-kan ikan. Jangan banyak alih-alih coz ikan ni cepat masak. Bila side bawah dah masak , baru balik-kan to the other side. This will minimized ikan to berderai......Bila ikan dah fully cooked , asing-kan ikan from the gravy.


Then add 1 kotak santan to the gravy , add some cherry tomatoes , add some cili padi *whole* & add some lady's fingers........


After awhile , penyek-penyek-kan tomato for some sourness. I need to do this coz I didn't use any tamarind juice or asam keping. It's already being used in the instant paste & I just do not want my lemak to be on the masam side. Let the gravy bubble away.....and that's it , you're done. Masa nak serve , simply pour over the lemak over the pre-cooked fish.



Next am gonna quickly stir fry some kupang with oyster sauce. Simple ingredients.....besides kupang & oyster sauce , I need some chopped garlic & loads of daun bawang. That's it.


Some cooking oil in the wok and tumis-kan bawang putih......


In goes the kupang , add a bit of water & sufficient amount of oyster sauce. Also half portion of daun bawang & stir fry it quickly. I tak guna any salt coz the oyster sauce dah masin.....


When the kupang's cooked , in goes more daun bawang.........fry fry fry......


Siap! Next!



Ni first time I nak cuba masak Taugeh Kasar Goreng Kicap......huhuhu! For this dish , kena laa I hiris bawang merah....uwaaaaaaaa.......tak suka , tak suka , tak suka.......My dumb & dumber way of cooking it is pretty simple......Quickly tumis-kan bawang putih & bawang merah then masuk-kan isi udang......*at lease budak-budak yang tak boleh makan sambal udang boleh makan udang yang dalam taugeh ni* , memang I sengaja lebih-kan isi udang in this dish.


Bila udang dah jadi warna coral.......in goes taugeh to the wok. Then just splash in loads & loads of kicap manis...........mix well & that's it. Lupa pulak nak ambil finish photo of this dish.......you guys imagine je lah ekkk......


Last but not least.......Budu.......with baby cucumber.


As always , my mengelat version of Ice Lemon Tea......bottled Lipton tea with fresh slices of lemon......& of course.....with lots & lots of ice cubes! Refreshing.......


Lepas masak , salin lauk-lauk into pots......


Dessert table......


My family waiting patiently for us to set the table......


Chef Instant nak rest kejap......my SIL Yatie helped out with the final hidang-menghidang stage....


I'm so smiling now to see my family together.......If I can just tell *sigh*..........

2 comments:

  1. Salam Sis...
    Lamanya tak tgk u masuk dapur. Super fast..ni yg semangat nak jelajah Giant baru buka kat my housing area ni. Salam Ramadhan ye sis! Moga Ramadhan ini yg lebih baik dari yg sebelumnya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. byknya masak.. n semua nampak sedap2. will try one of the recipes.. maybe sambal udang petai.

    ReplyDelete