RUMAH CINTA

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

~ DISCLAIMER ~

Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Wedding

Continue from last post.


Event #3 : "Heshley's Wedding"



We attended MP nephew's wedding reception in Shah Alam couple of weeks ago. Modern but full of traditions and food of Johore.


We arrived early so we managed to meet MP's relatives from Johore....the kids.........hmmmm.....lari sana , lari sini.....Ni 2nd time pakai-kan si Adriel baju kurung Melayu Johore since last raya.



I took the opportunity to take pics of the wedding decors & what nots....I saw the wedding planner's package brochure that was being placed on each table......wedding dais & other decorations ranges from RM15,000 and above......Spending minimum 15K just for a pelamin and plastic flowers?........Hmmmm.......that's just a small amount for some. I know couples who'd generously spent hundred thousands of dollars just for their wedding dais & decors......Oh my......insane what weddings can do to people. I don't know how much MP's cousin spent for their son's wedding dais & hall decors that day but it's just not for me , personally. By now most of you ought to know my preference when it comes to wedding. I hold to simplicity. Beautiful , classy but simple.......and not too pricey , of course........

While writing this post.....tiba-tiba otak melilau......
If I can turn back time *or perhaps experience another wedding myself.....huhuhu! spooky , spooky thoughts there.......hehehe!* Since wedding nowadays is expensive and many couple do not mind spending........RM10-25K per wedding is considered normal. Excited couples will spend RM50-100K in a blink of an eye! With that budget , here's how I would want my wedding day bliss to be , if I can turn back time laaaa.........
* A nikah ceremony in Mekah with my family members to witness the nuptial. Then followed with a family dinner. And the next day , followed by the whole family performing Umroh together with me & husband. Around 10-12 pax.
* A small & harmonious wedding reception inviting close family members & close friends to witness my new found happiness. Around 50 pax.
* A wedding ring that I can wear everyday to remind me that I'm somebody's wife.
* A beautiful Quran & telekung or a pretty jubah is what I would love to receive as wedding gifts from a man that I call Husband.
* A sweet but meaning full gifts to be given to my invited guests.
* A short & romantic honeymoon for me & my A-bang *hehehe!* to Bali or Phuket or any beach resort *outside of Malaysia* where I can be free to do & wear what I want.......with lots of love , lots of hugs & kisses & of course , lots and lots of passionate sex!

Oh well , like I said....................IF.........if I can turn back time.......*no harm dreaming of it...wink*


Hopefully when it's time for Yna to get married , I will not be 'the over kekwat mother' with all the wedding dais & decors! Time Yna nanti mesti lagi macam-macam godaan halwa mata. Mati laa aku..........


The bunga pahar.......



The pulut kuning.......I love looking at it.



The Wedding Dais aka Pelamin.........red & white was the theme of the night.


The additional details........the white roses in a vase & petals of red roses leading to the wedding dais......pretty but costly.....untuk santapan mata. Can I take the white roses home afterwards? Guess not. Hmmmmmm.........there goes few hundreds there..........It's not the only white roses in a vase in the hall........they were like every where!



Groom & bride ate here.........did you guys really eat? I don't think so. I didn't , mana pergi udang-udang galah & lauk-lauk yang dihias cantik tu pergi....I also don't know. Macam mana laa pengantin nak kopek udang-udang galah bagai.....hehehe! Tengok je laa kat udang tu dik non. Endingnya dok santap nasi minyak je sampai habis , nak tambah pun.....malu....hahaha! When you think of it again , patut laa orang tua-tua selalu cakap "Bila nak makan nasi minyak?" kepada para pasangan yang berdating........memang benar sekali......time kahwin dua-dua pengantin sempat bedal Nasi Minyak je time makan beradap tu...hehehe!

The table decors that day was beautiful......with all the fresh flowers & candles & all that dangling silver balls & what nots......ahhhh........pretty.......and am sure that table alone costs a fortune. Again......not my problem laaa kan.....even though I would love to take back all the candles home! Hope MP's cousin Picah , did take it all home with her.


Ahhhh!!!! the kompang guys sudah mula mengompang......hehehe!

Ni semua cucu -cucu & cicit-cicit saudara MP.........jadi flower girls , mengiring pengantin masuk dewan. I pun tak tahu yang ni anak siapa & yang tu anak siapa. Tambah MP's family ni loyal pada panggilan-panggilan lama-lama. There's an old lady that they call Abang Long , we call Picah's older sister Abang.......that night MP asked Abang what should Adriel call her? Abang said Tok Mam.........hmmmm........MP is Cik Ngah to the family members. Masa mula kahwin they wanted for the kids to call me Mak Ngah......huhuhu! No way. Just call me Auntie Rima.........

Hesley Tajuddin , the groom is MP's nephew. Son to MP's cousin Picah and husband Din. The wifey is Zaza. Young couple , hope the marriage will last forever.

Kepak....kepak...kepung....kepung......bla bla bla......pengantin jalan to the pelamin........

Then mula-lah adat menepung tawar yang memang I kurang berkenan.......bukan wedding ni je , a must do in most Malay weddings. Dah laa jadi human display kat atas pelamin then orang datang tabur macam-macam benda kat pengantin....no idea for what.........Justify Fullso much for Malays & its adat.....tapi tu lah.......tak boleh cakap lebih-lebih coz I sik tau apa ada di ari depan....takut aku tok yang over kelak...macam-macam nak tabur pada si Yna masa kat atas pelamin nanti....hehehe!


After all the adat renjis-merenjis is over........then it's makan time!


A Johore wedding will not be complete without a Ghazal Band. Both female singers kawan I. Kak Jamie & her younger sister Arbaah. Both ada buat album many-many years back and diaorang ni cucu kepada arwah penyanyi lagu asli Rosiah Chik. Dulu masa MP kerja dalam entertainment line rakan sekerja rapat dia is Kak Jamie's husband , Abang Nin. Mana-mana pergi mesti Nan & Nin ada. Most musicians did perform during my wedding 10 years back.............met Abang Azmi , ex husband to singer Azie........still the same and he was shocked that I masih ingat kat dia.......Nice meeting you again Abang Mi :-)


The table setting........

Hmmmm........baju kurung sama pulak warna dengan tema meja.....huhuhu!

Ni sebelum time makan.......si Adriel dah kelaparan.......I suapkan dia dengan manisan Kacau Keledek yang Picah buat........Dia balun 3 bekas! He has a sweet tooth , just like mummy.....yay!

Yna.......satu hari dia pakai make-up. Dari konsert pagi tadi , bawak ke malam.......

Family Picah *she's the daughter of my arwah Mak Uda who passed away recently* memang pandai buat kueh traditional ni. One of it is Batang Burok. Mak Uda was a master at making Batang Burok , ni turun pada Cik Uda Nong , her anak saudara. Picah made the Kacau Keledek......sedap.......

Bunga telur & prettily wrapped coins untuk upacara Tabur Duit........I supposed another of Johore's wedding traditions. Rajin nye ya alahai.....bungkus duit sepuluh sen & dua puluh sen sampai macam gitu gaya.......

Sweets for the kids.......

More bunga telur for guests.....with telur pindang of course.......

More time to borak-borak......

Me & Cik Uda Nong on the left & with Kak Azie on the right.........tak sempat nak ambil gambar dengan emak pengantin Kak Picah. She was so so busy........

MP with his mates from JB & dengan bapak pengantin lelaki Abang Din *in maroon baju melayu*


So it was a long Saturday for us........balik rumah memang semua kepenatan especially the kids. The venue was so far away in Shah Alam......somewhere after Bukit Cahaya Agriculture Park.

Finding the time to update my blog........a lot of things on my mind right now. Major ones. Life matters. Wish me luck peeps. Nite nite.

3 comments:

  1. wow.. byknye aktiviti hihihi.. skang nih jgn kan kenduri kawin.. tunang pong pakai pelamin ribu2.. aduishh seb beik time i kawin dulu i kedekut hahahhaa..i pakai pelamin asal masuk, baju tangkap muat i mean sume simple la yg penting kawin.. hihihi...

    nnti u free u visit lah http://bawakupulang.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sedapnye kacau keledek. org johor je tahu tu. me n me dad'd fav. u think u can get a hold of the recipe? yum yum

    nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again..whoa ur princess n prince look ultra dashing la in e red baju.
    I'm getting my chance to experience marriage-again.
    Ya...again.hopefully tis time ard it's gonna b foreva.
    Unlike my last wen I had all e wat nots n all e works it's gonna b a simple affair tis time ard.
    Anywaes...lots of luck to u rima
    n wish me luck tis time ard...lol....
    Gr8 blog
    Peta Thompson

    ReplyDelete